Third Offense DWI Lawyer in Liberty County
Consequences of a Third DWI Conviction
Penalties for any DWI charge are significant and become more severe with
subsequent convictions. With a third conviction comes a large increase in the severity of the
consequences you can face. It may be charged as a felony and can result
in a prison sentence of up to 10 years, along with other penalties which
will have a large impact on your life. In determining which DWI offense
applies, all past charges for DWI will be considered by the state, no
matter when they occurred. A
Liberty County DWI attorney should be consulted if you are facing charges for a third DWI, as it is
vital you do all you can to protect your rights in such a situation.
Penalties for a third DWI conviction can include:
- A prison sentence of 2 to 10 years
- Fines of up to $10,000
- License suspension for 2 years
- 160 to 600 hours of community service
- Mandatory installment of an ignition interlock device (IID) on your vehicle
- Compulsory rehabilitative treatment which may include an in-patient incarceration program
- Possible prescription of a drug ("Antiabuse") which has violent effects if alcohol is consumed
- Limitations on applying for an occupational driver's license
Legal Help is Available
Attorney Doug Atkinson has been defending DWI cases since 1998 and has achieved hundreds of successes for his clients. With him representing you, what may seem like an open and shut case is not necessarily so. There are many facets of a DWI case which he knows should be reviewed and he may find evidence or information that greatly affects the outcome of your case. His experience and competence will serve you well in your fight for justice.
Contact a Liberty County third offense DWI lawyer right away if you are in the severe situation of being faced with charges for a third DWI.